A passionate spirits lover, Elvira has combined a career in advertising and marketing with her activities as a spirits writer. Ten years ago, she founded her blog, unpocodemaldaz.com, and since then she has contributed to many spanish magazines, podcasts and media outlets. She is also the co-editor of the rum related magazine Rumporter en Español.
Back in 2016 and 2017, she worked as the Content Manager for the Barcelona Rum Congress. That last year, she participated as a member of the panel of rum judges there and at the Paris Rhum Fest. She’s been on both sides of cocktail competitions: she won a national award for the Best Speech at the Spirit Essence competition in Spain and has also been a judge at the Angostura Global Cocktail Challenge.
Elvira has several professional certifications such as the WSET Level 2 in Spirits, the Master of Spirits or the Whisky Ambassador. In recent years she has specialised in sake and holds three of the most prestigious titles in this industry: SSI kikisake-shi, Certified Sake Professional (CSP) and Sake Scholar.
• Co-editor @ Rumporter en Español
• Founder and editor @ Un poco de maldaz (blog)
• Content Manager and organizer @ Barcelona Rum Fest 2016-2017
• Rum Judge @ Paris Rhum Fest 2017
• Rum Judge @ Barcelona Rum Fest 2017
• Winner Best Spirits Speech @ Spirits Essence 2017
• Contributor @ several professional magazines, podcasts and media outlets