Laura Noguera has been a judge in international competitions for distilled beverages. She is a specialist in Mexican agave and sugar cane distilled beverages. She is a distillate letter consultant for restaurants, hotels and resorts in Mexico. She collaborates with the best chefs and bartenders in her country. She is a columnist in magazines and newspapers in the sections specialized in gastronomy, wines and spirits. She is the founder (2014) of “Impulso Sostenible Agaveria AC” a non-profit organization that helps small producers of distillates
Co-founder (2016) of the civil organization “Women of agave and Mexican distillates” where there are 35 women producers of distillates who have been displaced because they are women and dedicate themselves to this activity or are relegated within their own producing communities such as mezcal, sotol, bacanora, raicilla, tequila, charanda, rum, indigenous corn whiskey and cane spirits, and even so today they are a benchmark and medal winners at an international level with their artisanal distillates. Distillate brand consultant and creator of some brands that have won international spirits competitions.
She teaches spirits for the Academia Mexicana de Sommeliers and other universities in Mexico, she is a lecturer in forums inside and outside her country.
She collaborates with small producers in the 22 states of the Mexican Republic that produce distilled beverages. She does not work for a specific brand but with the entire universe of distilled beverages in Mexico
• Researcher and specialist in Mexican distilled beverages @ self
• Founder @ Casa Azteca Mexico, an atelier dedicated to the culture of Mexican distillates since 2016
• Artisan rum producer @ Caracha-Michoacán, Mexico.
• Taster and judge @ Spirits Selection 2019 in Lvliang, China. México Selection by Concours Mondial de Bruxelles in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
• Advisor @ creation of brands of distillates (mezcal, bacanora, raicilla, sotol, tequila, cane spirits, charanda and rum)
• Sommelier @ Rum, Whiskey and Cigar
• Columnist and writer @ specialized beverage magazines such as Food & Wine, Catadores Magazine, Forbes México, El Gourmet México, Amante Magazine (Spain)
• Distillate workshops teacher @ Mexico and Europe (Spain, Italy and Portugal) mainly.
• Lecturer @ gastronomic forums such as Gastronomic Forum, Barcelona-Spain, in Mexico for Agro-Alimentaria 2018-2019, FITUR Madrid- Spain 2018, 2019, among other events
• Editorial advisor (gastronomic section) @ for the most important newspaper in Mexico “Reforma”