Pino Perrone is a graduated wine sommelier who 28 years ago decided to specialize in his passion for the whisky. This then was extended to all distillates in its entirety.
When he talks about spirits, he often tries to create a crossover with his other passions which are music, literature and cinema, also writing about them in the magazines Bartales and Stilemaschile. In the late 90’s he worked for a publishing house. For 14 years he owned a gourmet shop where he introduced to the public, delicatessen wine and spirits, specially whisky.
From 2012 he is one of the organizers of the Roma Whisky Festival, which in 2021 will reach its tenth edition. In the last edition in 2019 (unfortunately this year it could not be held), over 5000 people participated in the two days of the event. For six years he has owned the only shop entirely dedicated to spirits in the heart of Rome named Whisky & Co. Tastings and a whiskey Academy take place here
• 1992 - today : Hundreds of tastings guided
• 2012- 2019 : Organizer @ eight editions of the Roma whisky festival
• 2015 : Editorial supervisor @ Italian version of the book Iconic Whisky by Cyrille Mald and Alexandre Vingtier
• 2016 : Judge @ European final of the Nikka Perfect Serve
• 2018 - 2020 : Judge @ Spirits Selection of the Concours Mondial de Bruxelles
• 2020 : Editorial supervisor @ Italian version of the book World Whisky by Charles MacLean, Dave Broom, Ian Buxton, Hans Offringa, Gavin D. Smith, Peter Mulryan, Tom Bruce-Gardyne